GLC-2BX-D is a Cisco SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) transceiver module that supports Gigabit Ethernet networking over single-mode fiber optic cable. It has a duplex LC connector and operates at a wavelength of 1490 nm for transmitting data and 1310 nm for receiving data.
The GLC-2BX-D SFP transceiver is designed to be used with Cisco networking equipment such as routers, switches, and network interface cards (NICs) that support the SFP form factor. It provides a cost-effective solution for extending the reach of a Gigabit Ethernet network over longer distances.
The “D” in the GLC-2BX-D model name indicates that it is designed for use with single-mode fiber optic cable, which is used for longer distance transmission compared to multi-mode fiber optic cable.
Overall, the GLC-2BX-D is a reliable and efficient solution for expanding the reach of a Gigabit Ethernet network using single-mode fiber optic cable.
This single fiber BiDi transmission gradually becomes a popular and cost-effective solution for today’s data center and IT infrastructure because of its unbeatable advantages:
1. Double Your Network Capacity – One benefit of BiDi is that it allows you to make full use of all your fiber strands and can therefore double your network capacity. This is because one strand is used to carry information in both directions, for example, if you have a six-strand cable you would be able to utilize all six stands rather than three for one direction and three for the other.
2. Reliability – Another benefit is increased reliability, single strand solutions are less prone to connection errors due to fewer connections and endpoints.
3. Cost – With the reduction of fiber strands by half, the number of patch cords and patch panel ports can be reduced accordingly, as well as reducing the amount of tray space dedicated to fiber management.
BiDi modules are usually deployed in applications like access PON networks deployment P2P (point-to-point) connection, Digital Video, and Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) applications. They can be installed on servers, switches, routers, OADM to provide high speed and stability optical transmission systems, and Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN).
This is a NEW Original Cisco product, listprice $1599 and in stock.
● 40 modules of Gigabit SFP line card (1000BaseX), providing 24 gigabits per-slot capacity (SFP optional).
● 40 ports with Gigabit SFP (2:1 oversubscribed).
● 80 ports with Gigabit compact SFP (4:1 oversubscribed).
● Customers can mix and match Gigabit SFP and Gigabit compact SFPs.
● 6E/6LE Supports WS-X4640-CSFP-E with IOS version 15.1.(1)SG.
● 7E, 7L-E supports WS-X4640-CSFP-E from 15.0(2)SG1/3.2.0SG onwards.
● Supported on 3, 6, and 7 slot chassis.
● IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ah, IEEE 802.3x flow control.
● L2-4 Jumbo Frame support (up to 9216 bytes).
● Inherits supervisor engine QoS capability.
● Service Provider: Point-to-Point fiber to the home (FTTH) or building (FTTB) for residential and business applications.
● Enterprise: Providing Fiber to the Desktop (FTTD), for deployments where non-blocking is not a mandatory requirement.
Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series 10/100/1000/Multigigabit Line Cards.
+33 1 85 65 81 16
+31 20 7920177
+41 41 561 70 77
+39 02 0069 7224
+41 41 561 70 77
The Netherlands (Amsterdam)
+31 20 7920177